Sometimes I feel like we’re on a soapbox at Speaker’s Corner at Hyde Park in London, just harping on about the same old thing like your average doomsday fanatic 😉.
If you want your podcast to perform, you need to market it and repurpose it and (yes, we are a bit fanatical about this!). So, we decided to give you everything you need to up your podcast game in one jam-packed episode.
It’s half an hour of pure podcast marketing gold (and yes, we know we’re touting our own horn here📯).
Some of the things we cover include:
* How to spin your anchor into as many pieces of content you can
* Using your transcript effectively to create social posts and blogs and SEO
* Creating a TLDR audio version of your podcast using snippets
* How to slice and dice your content
And don’t just take our word from it just because we love standing on that soapbox with the rest of the ‘true’ believers!
In a survey on efficient content marketing, utilizing existing content (by repurposing or updating it) was ranked second in importance after SEO. Some of the most important content types are blog posts, emailers, infographics, case studies and success stories and e-books.
So hone in on your podcast niche (that which makes you or your guests interesting) and look out for trends and themes to create more content, hubs or e-books and guides. And perhaps that holy grail of all content. The published book.
Other words of wisdom you’ll learn in this masterclass include:
* Dropping the pretension – no-one wants to hear a long, drawn-out opening about you.
* Ramping up your distribution – being creative with how to get your micro-content out to the masses. You can read this post for more on that idea!
* Injecting humour or personality (aka creative ways to bring YOU into the podcast, without boring your audience)
* Better ways to track REAL podcasting ROI 💪 – instead of focusing only on downloads or subscribers!
* How guests expand your network, amplify your brand and its equity, and can even lead to new clients.
Last, but not least, you’ll discover how dark social isn’t big corporations tracking everything you do, but rather those people quietly following you without liking or sharing anything directly, but who might be sending you word-of-mouth referrals or contacting you months down the line with a new project.
That’s just a sample of the tips we talk about in this masterclass, so go ahead and listen up to pick up your podcast game in no time.
You can also download a guide we wrote about a year ago, on how to level up your podcast, if you’re looking to start or you already have a podcast and you want to take it to the next level.
If you’d like to chat more about your podcast (or any of your content!), please give us a shout at C+P Digital – we would love to help!
Plus, if you’re losing sleep over a particular marketing/business related problem or if you would like to suggest a guest for the 4AM Report, let us know.
You can find us on Apple Podcasts – subscribe to us – you won’t regret it!
And as always, sweet dreams…well, hopefully!